Below are a range of useful information on local and state programs which might be of interest to Shellharbour constituents.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact my office.

NSW Energy Rebate: have you claimed it?

The NSW Government offers a number of rebates to help customers pay their energy bills. To apply, or for more information on these rebates, visit the website here.

APPLY NOW: Local Sport Defibrillator Grants

The NSW Office of Sport is currently accepting applications to assist sporting clubs and organisations across NSW in the purchase and maintenance of Automatic External Defibrillators (AEDs).

An AED is a life saving device which delivers a controlled shock to an individual experiencing cardiac arrest, increasing their chances of survival.

Applications close 5pm on Wednesday, 20 December 2017. To apply, or for more information on these grants, visit the website here.


NSW Electoral Commission:

NSW Government Directory:

NSW Parliament:

Your Local Government:
Shellharbour City Council:
Wollongong City Council:

Your Local Federal MPs:
Federal Member for Throsby – Stephen Jones MP – (02) 4262 6122 – 
Federal Member for Gilmore – Ann Sudmalis MP – (02) 4423 1782 –

Justice of the Peace – for information on using JP services or to apply to become a JP, visit

NSW Ombudsman – (02) 9286 1000 –

Independent Commission Against Corruption – (02) 8281 5999 –

Police Integrity Commission – (02) 9321 6700 –

LawAccess NSW – 1300 888 529 –

NSW Fair Trading – 13 32 20 –

Independent Pricing & Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) – (02) 9290 8400 –

Health Care Complaints Commission – (02) 9219 7444 –

Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW – 1800 246 545 –

Information and Privacy Commission NSW – 1800 472 679 –


The NSW Seniors Card is a free program which recognises the valuable contribution seniors have made and continue to make to the community. Its purpose is to assist semi-retired and retired people to enjoy an active and healthy lifestyle in NSW.

Members receive discounts and special offers provided by thousands of businesses from a range of categories.

To be eligible you must be:

  • 60 years of age or over; and
  • a permanent resident of NSW; and
  • work no than 20 paid hours per week

For further information or to obtain an application form please contact my office or visit To apply online click here.


The Illawarra Legal Centre provides free legal advice, information, representation and community education both face-to-face by appointment and over the phone.

The Illawarra Legal Centre provides services such as:

  •  financial counselling and advocacy for those experiencing financial difficulties
  • Tenants Service – information and advice to tenants living in private and public housing, as well as those who permanently reside in residential parks.
  • Welfare rights – information and advice to clients having problems with Centrelink
  • General law – advice and referrals in most areas of law, exluding business and family law matters. A child support solicitor is also available to give advice and assistance to parents entitled to receive payments.

Phone (02) 4276 1939 for further information or visit


Looking for a grant? For some available sources of funding in NSW and other means of support for your project or organisation, check out the Community Builders website at:

A list of Australian Government grants and assistance that may also be available to you, your business or your community group can be found at:

NSW Community Building Partnership Grants 

Do you have an infrastructure project that meets a need in your community? Or do you need funding to get a project up and running? Have you heard of the Community Building Partnerships program?

If you have a project that can deliver positive results for your community, especially with great social, recreational, environmental or employment outcomes through the building or improvement of facilities – this is for you.

I encourage all local community groups in Shellharbour – that is, incorporated community based not-for-profit organisations (this can include charities, sporting, social and environmental groups) – to think about whether they have a project that could be eligible for funding under the Community Building Partnerships program for 2016.

For further details and links, visit my CBP information page.