Do you have an infrastructure project that meets a need in your community? Or do you need funding to get a project up and running? Have you heard of the Community Building Partnerships program?
If you have a project that can deliver positive results for your community, especially with great social, recreational, environmental or employment outcomes through the building or improvement of facilities – this is for you.
I encourage all local community groups in Shellharbour – that is, incorporated community based not-for-profit organisations (this can include charities, sporting, social and environmental groups) – to think about whether they have a project that could be eligible for funding under the Community Building Partnerships program for 2017.
Applications for this year are now closed.
For more information head to www.communitybuildingpartnership.nsw.gov.au.
The CBP website:
- offers guidance on submitting a good application;
- provides online link to the application system;
- provides a timetable for the grants process;
- lists the criteria to be used in assessing applications;
- answers many of the questions applicants may have about the program;
- lists all previous successful CBP project applications.
Over the past few years, Anna Watson has given each household in the Shellharbour electorate a chance to vote on the applications lodged by local not-for-profit community groups under that year’s Community Building Partnerships (CBP) program. Keep an eye on this webpage in the second half of the year, when voting opens again for the next round of CBP funding.