Sydney Water will be upgrading two wastewater pumping stations at River Oak Place and Devonshire Crescent, Oak Flats.
This project is part of Sydney Water’s Sewerfix Program to improve the wastewater system and protect public health and the environment.
Work will take 6 months to complete, weather permitting, and is expected to start late May.
These works will not affect water or wastewater services and will involve:
- using a crane to remove existing Chemical Dosing Units (CDUs), associated equipment and vent shafts;
- civil and electrical work including minor excavation to modify the delivery bays and site access, and constructing the CDU foundation pads;
- clearing vegetation to allow space for the new CDUs;
- using a crane to install new CDUs, associated equipment and vent shafts;
- testing and commissioning the new CDUs;
- traffic and pedestrian management;
- restoring the sites, including fencing.
Work hours will be 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays. No work is planned on Sundays or public holidays. Residents will be notified if after hours work is required.
Every effort will be made to minimise any impact this work may have on the local community, however residents and businesses may notice an increase in noise, odour and vehicle movements during this time.
Affected residents, businesses and the local council will be directly notified of this work by Sydney Water.
12 May 2017