Sydney Water will be investigating and undertaking repairs of wastewater pipes and maintenance holes in Goolagong Street, Penrose.
This work is part of Sydney Water’s Sewerfix Program to improve the wastewater system and protect public health and the environment.
Work is scheduled to take place from mid-January 2017 to June 2017, weather permitting, and will include:
- inspecting and repairing maintenance holes
- inspecting wastewater pipes with closed circuit television (CCTV)
- cleaning pipes
- installing structural liners in pipes
- rehabilitating wastewater junctions
- excavation work
- establishing a small site compound for the duration of work.
This work will not affect water or wastewater services, however residents may notice an increase in noise and vehicle movements in the area, as well as some temporary disruption to pedestrian and traffic movements during this time. Traffic and pedestrian management controls will be in place to ensure public safety.
Work hours will be 7am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 8am to 1pm on Saturdays. Residents will be notified if after hours work is required.
10 January 2017