The NSW Labor Administrative Committee has called pre-selection nominations for the seat of Shellharbour today.
The NSW Labor Administrative Committee has also determined that the pre-selection process will be conducted by the Labor National Executive.
I indicated to Shellharbour Labor members that I would be nominating for re-endorsement earlier this year.
I will therefore be nominating as a candidate in the ballot process determined by the NSW Labor Administrative Committee.
NSW Labor Leader John Robertson has indicated in his media statement today that:
“..as Labor Leader I want the best candidates at the next election to fight the Liberals’ radical agenda.”
I will put my case for re-endorsement as the Labor candidate for Shellharbour in the National Executive ballot process.
As Member for Shellharbour, I am focused on:
- Kick starting construction of the Albion Park Rail Bypass;
- Upgrading local train stations at Albion Park, Oak Flats, Dapto and new station under construction between Flinders and Dunmore;
- Fighting for fairer school funding for our local schools;
- Fighting to enhance TAFE campuses, including saving Dapto TAFE from cuts;
- Upgrading the Shellharbour Hospital;
- Securing funding to build better roads at Dapto and West Dapto, and
- Helping build local community facilities in partnership with local community groups.
As this pre-selection process is a matter for the Labor Party, I will not be making any further public comment until the ballot is determined.
5 September 2014