According to tweets by the Member for Kiama today, the Minister for Skills, John Barilaro MP is visiting TAFE campuses in the Shoalhaven.
Last week I wrote to the Minister about the future of the Dapto TAFE campus.
Perhaps the Minister could let us know the answers to these questions:
- How many students applied to enrol in Certificate 1 Access to Work and Training – Basic Computing stream?
- How many students applied to enrol in the Literacy and Numeracy stream?
- Were all student enrolment applications for the two streams accommodated?
- If not, where were the students directed for further study?
- How many students are now enrolled for courses at Dapto TAFE campus as at today’s date?
“I want to know from the Minister whether Dapto TAFE is still a ghost-town with no students.
“I really do hope that the advertising campaign has attracted students to the courses offered at Dapto TAFE.
“Nothing would make me happier than if the Minister can confirm that students are back on deck at the Dapto TAFE campus.
“It would be great of the Minister could provide this information while he’s visiting the Shoalhaven today”, Ms Watson said.
15 July 2015