Across the Illawarra today, students will have the opportunity to visit TAFE campuses as part of the Illawarra Institute of TAFE’s Choices Day.
TAFE has been at the forefront of the election campaigns in Victoria, Queensland and New South Wales State Liberal Governments have taken the axe to TAFE with funding cuts, mass sackings, cuts to courses and massive fee increases.
In Dapto, Member for Shellharbour, Anna Watson, is concerned that this year may be the last for the Dapto campus if the Liberals are returned to government.
The Labor Opposition in New South Wales has committed to ensuring that TAFE remains strong, affordable and accessible by:
– Scrapping Smart and Skilled
– Capping TAFE fees at 2014 levels
– Abolishing the Liberal’s market based vocational training system by placing a 30 per cent cap on the amount of public funds that can be contestable by private operators
– Undertaking a wide-ranging, high level review of education and training arrangements in NSW post Year 10
– Providing an additional $2.5 million to NSW Community Language Schools – the largest boost ever in NSW
Ryan Park, Sharon Bird, Member for Shellharbour, Anna Watson, and Member for Throsby, Stephen Jones will be available for comment out the front of Dapto TAFE:
Date: Thursday, 29 January 2015
Address: Illawarra Institute of TAFE (Dapto Campus)
Dapto TAFE Entrance, Fowlers Road, Dapto (Parking available at Seven Eleven on the corner)
Thursday, 29 January 2015