Member for Shellharbour Anna Watson has today written to the Minister for Skills seeking details on how successful the advertising campaign was for student enrolments for courses to be delivered by Dapto TAFE during semester two.
The Minister for Skills John Barilaro MP wrote to Ms Watson on 25 May 2015 indicating that twoFoundation Skills Program courses would be offered from the Dapto TAFE campus commencing on 5 May 2015 and the other in late May 2015.
Ms Watson’s letter has asked the Minister to provide information on five questions:
- How many students applied to enrol in Certificate 1 Access to Work and Training – Basic Computing stream?
- How many students applied to enrol in the Literacy and Numeracy stream?
- Were all student enrolment applications for the two streams accommodated?
- If not, where were the students directed for further study?
- How many students are now enrolled for courses at Dapto TAFE campus as at today’s date?
“I want to know from the Minister whether Dapto TAFE is still a ghost-town with no students.
“I really do hope that the advertising campaign has attracted students to the courses offered at Dapto TAFE.
“Nothing would make me happier than if the Minister can confirm that students are back on deck at the Dapto TAFE campus”, Ms Watson said.
9 July 2015