Six local sport groups will share in $48,000 funding under the Local Sport Grant Program in the Shellharbour electorate.
The Local Sport Grant Program aims to increase regular and on-going participation in sport or structured physical activity, address barriers to participation in sport or structured physical activity, and assist sport clubs provide quality service to their members.
Successful applicants include:
- Warilla Bowls and Recreation Club – $5000 towards 2016 Bowls World Cup
- Dapto Little Athletics Centre – $25,000 towards resurfacing long jump run-ups
- Oak Flats Swimming Club – $3000 towards purchase of swimming pool lane dividers
- Dapto Junior Football Club – $4750 towards purchase of pop-up portable goals, futsal bownet goals and training t-shirts and shorts
- Warilla Lake South MRLFC – $5000 towards purchase of sports uniform
- Christian Surfers Australia – $5000 towards purchase of learner surfboards and double gazebo.
Comments attributable to Anna Watson MP:
“I am really pleased these six local sporting clubs in my electorate have been successful in winning funding grants under the Local Sport Grant Program.
“All local community based sport clubs in my electorate do a fantastic job in encouraging physical activity within very limited financial support.
“It’s great to see local sport clubs get some additional funding for their projects.”
11 May 2016