Sydney Water is investigating and repairing wastewater pipes, stormwater pipes and maintenance holes in parts of the Shellharbour electorate.
This work is part of Sydney Water’s SewerFix program to improve the wastewater and stormwater systems and protect public health and the environment.
Work is planned from August to December 2016, weather permitting at the following locations:
- Conway Crescent, Blackbutt
- Stanford Drive, Oak Flats.
The work involves:
- inspecting and repairing maintenance holes
- inspecting pipes with closed circuit television (CCTV)
- cleaning pipes
- installing structural liners in pipes
- rehabilitating sewer junctions.
This work will not affect water or wastewater services.
During the work local residents and businesses will notice an increase in noise, odour and vehicle movements, as well as temporary disruption to pedestrian and traffic movements. Traffic and pedestrian management controls will be in place to ensure public safety.
28 July 2016