Anna was first elected as the State Member for Shellharbour in March, 2011.
Anna was raised in a traditional working class family that shared the values of a fair day’s work for a fair day’s pay, and the right to equal opportunity for all to make every family’s life better.
Prior to her election to Parliament, Anna worked a variety of jobs, including in customer service, training for the health insurance industry, and as a trade union official with the United Services Union (USU).
Anna strongly supports local schools and many community groups in the Shellharbour electorate, including surf life savings clubs, sporting and cultural associations. She is a patron of local community groups, including the Roo Theatre and the Shellharbour Sharks Rugby League Club.
Anna’s priorities include to:
- Kick-start construction of the Albion Park Rail Bypass;
- Upgrade Shellharbour Hospital;
- Fight for fairer schools funding for our local schools;
- Clear the maintenance backlog and reduce the number of demountables at schools in the Shellharbour electorate;
- Secure funding to build a better road infrastructure at Dapto and West Dapto, including the inclusion of the Yallah interchange access to the Bypass;
- Upgrade local train stations, including an upgrade to Dapto station commuter car park;
- Restore the Lake Illawarra Authority;
- Help build local community facilities in partnership with local community groups.
Click here to see what else Anna Watson is fighting for, for the Shellharbour electorate.